We had 9 teams in for our pre-Thanksgiving Trivia Night, but the bar was filled with folks really into the Trivia. Most teams were of the larger variety and it was a fun night. It was a roller coaster night as different teams had the lead, but the boys from DIMS wound up winning night, getting 40 points. They finished outside the top five last week, but came back this week with a vengence. Congratulations to Ken and Michael on their victory.
Second place went to Quiz Me Like One of Your French Girls with 35 points, and The Pale Aliens finished third with 30 points.
Best Team Name: We're Keeping the Pen!
1. A petition at Change.org, signed by over 37,000 people, are pressuring what pop group to drop out as the halftime act this coming February's Super Bowl?
2. Jeff Rohrer, an NFL linebacker who played for what team in the 1980s, became the first current or former player to enter a same-sex marriage last week?
3. What American pop singer's company bought out her British partner's 50% share in her clothing label after he was accused of sexual harassment and bullying?
4. William Goldman, an Academy Award-winning screenwriter, died last week at the age of 87. Name 1 of the 2 1970s films he won Oscars for (one a western and one political).
5. Kim Porter, a singer and former girlfriend of what rapper and music mogul, was found dead in her California home last week.
6. A submarine belonging to what South American country that had been missing for one year with 44 crewmen aboard was found last week?
7. What billionaire politician is giving $1.8 billion to his alma mater, Johns Hopkins University, believed to be the largest donation ever to an academic institution?
1. What US president issued the "Thanksgiving Proclamation" making the last Thursday in November the holiday?
2. The first Thanksgiving celebration in America took place in what is now what state?
3. What folk singer recorded "Alice's Restaurant", about a memorable Thanksgiving Day in his life?
4. What midwestern state is the largest producer in the US of turkeys?
5. Canada celebrates its Thanksgiving Day in what month?
6. The first Thanksgiving celebration in America laster how many days?
7. What West African country celebrates Thanksgiving every November?
The Q Train: 21st Century Events Trivia
1. The Columbia space shuttle burns up upon Earth re-entry, killing all astronauts aboard.
2. General Motors declares bankruptcy.
3. The Red Sox win their first World Series in 86 years.
4. The first iPod is introduced by Apple.
5. US Supreme Court allows same-sex marriage.
6. Seal Team Six kills Osama Bin Laden.
7. Al Gore wins the Nobel Peace Prize.
8. Twitter was founded in March of this year.
9. Hurricane Sandy devastates the northeastern US.
10. The first iPad is introduced by Apple.
1. Mario Lopez starred in what 1990s TV show? ( 1 pt)
2. What does the "H" stand for in George H.W. Bush's name? ( 1 pt)
3. What was the name of Madonna's controversial 1992 book? ( 1 pt)
4. What country is the most popular foireign destination for US travelers? ( 2 pt)
5. "Consider that a divorce" is a famous line from what Arnold Schwarzenegger film? ( 2 pt)
6. Tomatoes are the most popular fruit worldwide. What fruit is second? ( 2 pt)
7. The Great Sand Dunes are located in what western US state? ( 3 pt)
1. Bruce Springsteen appeared as himself in what 2000 feature film? ( 4 points)
2. Between WWI and WWII, what was by far the world's most populous country never to officially join the League of Nations? ( 4 points)
3. "Salvator Mundi", the world's most expensive painting sold for $450 million in 2017, was made by what artist? ( 3 points)
4. What is the most common food allergy among adults in the US? ( 4 points)
5. What female was the most Googled celebrity for both 2016 and 2017? ( 5 points)
1. Maroon 5; 2. Dallas Cowboys; 3. Beyonce; 4. "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and "All the President's Men;" 5.Sean "Diddy" Combs;" 6. Argentina; 7. Michael Bloomberg.
1. Abraham Lincoln; 2. Massachusetts; 3. Arlo Guthrie; 4. Minnesota; 5. October; 6. three; 7. Liberia.
The Q Train: 21st Century Events Trivia
1. 2003; 2. 2009; 3. 2004; 4. 2001; 5. 2015; 6. 2011; 7. 2007; 8. 2006; 9. 2012; 10. 2010.
1. "Saved By The Bell;" 2. Herbert; 3. "Sex"; 4. Canada; 5. "Total Recall;" 6. bananas; 7. Colorado.
1. "High Fidelity;" 2. USA; 3. Leonardo DaVinci; 4. shellfish; 5. Meghan Markle.