It was a rainy night in New York and with the completion of the Labor Day weekend, we had just eight teams in for Trivia last night. But it was fun as always, and it was also the return of DIMS, the team that has dominated our Trivia Night, who rolled up 51 points and grabbed a victory. Congrats as always to them. Second place went to Team Haggard with 35 points, and third place went to Ma Loof Is Fat! with 32 points.
Best Team Name: Quiz Quizty
1. The pop single "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee tied what female pop singer's record for being on the top of the Hot 100 singles chart for 16 weeks last week?
2. What US city declared a state of emergency last weekend due to some of the worst brushfires in the city's history?
3. Walter Becker, a founding member and guitarist with what classic rock band, died last Sunday at the age of 67?
4. What west coast city declared a public health emergency last weekend over an outbreak of hepatitis A linked to at least 15 deaths?
5. Madonna announced in an Instagram post last Sunday that she has moved to what European country, where her adopted son is playing in a youth academy?
6. What actor, known for his iconic space role, won a contest with NASA to send a message to the Voyager spacecraft, which has been in deep space for 40 years?
7. What world leader's wife is expected to be indicted for fraud in her home nation shortly over pocketing money and accepting items illegally worth more than $110,000?
Mob Movies Trivia
1. Robert DeNiro won his first Academy Award in what mob film?
2. The book "Wiseguy" was the basis for what 1990 mob film?
3. "Kill the Irishman" was a 2011 gangster film about mobster Danny Greene, who rose to the top of the underworld in what midwest city?
4. What film was voted the number one mob film of all-time by the American Film Institute?
5. Martin Scorsese won his first Oscar directing what mob film?
6. The 1983 mob film "Scarface" was primarily set in what US city?
7. The 2007 film "American Gangster" was based on a NYC drug dealer named Frank Lucas and starred what Oscar-winning actor as Lucas?
The Q Train: Colleges and Universities Trivia
3. The Citadel
8. Wake Forest
1. The Phantom of the Opera is set in what city? ( 1 pt)
2. Germany invaded what country on September 1, 1939, beginning World War II? ( 1 pt)
3. What is the Zodiac sign of the goat? ( 1 pt)
4. What is the minimum age for a person to serve in the US Senate? ( 2 pt)
5. Chris Martin is the lead singer of what band? ( 2 pt)
6. John Gotti was once the boss of what New York crime family? ( 2 pt)
7. What is the smallest country in area in Central America? ( 3 pt)
1. What East Asian country gained their independence in 1948, and celebrates their Independence Day every August 15th? ( 4 points)
2. What late celebrity appeared on the cover of People magazine 58 times, more than anyone else? ( 4 points)
3. What ice cream company makes the desserts in the shape of characters like Cookie Puss and Fudgie the Whale? ( 4 points)
4. Who was the only filmmaker that won two Best Director Oscars during the 1980s? ( 5 points)
5. The core of what rock band was born when Paul Hewson met Dave Evans in 1976? ( 3 points)
1. Mariah Carey; 2. Los Angeles; 3. Steely Dan; 4. San Diego; 5. Portugal; 6. William Shatner; 7. Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mob Movies Trivia
1. "The Godfather Part II;" 2. "Goodfellas;" 3. Cleveland; 4. "The Godfather;" 5. "The Departed;" 6. Miami; 7. Denzel Washington.
The Q Train: Colleges & Universities Trivia
1. Wisconsin; 2. California; 3. South Carolina; 4. Washington; 5. Pennsylvania; 6. Georgia; 7. Nebraska; 8. North Carolina; 9. Connecticut; 10. West Virginia.
1. Paris; 2. Poland; 3. Capricorn; 4. 30; 5. Coldplay; 6. Gambino; 7. El Salvador.
1. South Korea; 2. Princess Diana; 3. Carvel; 4. Oliver Stone; 5. U2.