Monday, February 13, 2012

The Most Successful Musician & Composer In Pop Music History

My friend Adam put up an interesting post on Facebook this morning, and it was about how many folks (mostly of them young and of the teenage variety) wrote on Twitter last night, after seeing Paul McCartney close out the Grammy Awards, were wondering: "Who is Paul McCartney?"

That makes me shake my head.

And it's an even more damning indictment of the current state that pop music is in. I don't watch the Grammy Awards, as I've always detested them. Most of the award winners can't put two words together, and I can find better ways of spending an evening. (Like doing laundry and watching "The Debt", a terrific Helen Mirren film, as I did last night.)

Here is more about it, and you can take a look at some of the actual Tweets at Buzzfeed. Thanks also to Ned Hepburn for the original article.

And to those Twitters who are still wondering, the title of this post is who Paul McCartney is, according to Guinness Book of World Records.

Adam summed it best on FB:
"Let's just throw in the towel now. Society is f***ed."

No comments: