We had another fine night of Trivia on Thursday night, our eighteenth so far, and my parents each made an appearance, having just returned from Florida earlier this week. It was another close race to the finish, but Francine Hamilton won her third Facebook Live Trivia Night, with 49 points, just edging out Larry Fleisher, who had 48 points, and Gillian DiPietro's team of "I Wish This Microphone Was a Red October", who had 47 points. Congratulations to Francine, and I'll see you all again next Thursday night!
1. What author wrote the best-selling novel "The Hunt For Red October?"
2. What actor/director won an Oscar for Best Director for the 1981 film "Reds?"
3. Which MLB team has won the most World Series in their history: the Red Sox or Reds?
4. Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding was a main character in what 1994 Oscar nominated film?
5. What two red card suits in a standard deck of cards are colored red?
6. What pop singer's 2012 album "Red" featured the hit song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together?"
7. What Asian country's flag has a red circle centered on a green background?
1. What 19th century classical composer wrote "The Blue Danube?"
2. "True Blue" was a 1986 album by what pop singer?
3. What was the name of Paul Bunyan's Blue Ox?
4. John Popper was a member of what rock band?
5. "Blue Devils" is the nickname for what teams from what major university?
6. "Big Blue" is a nickname for what major American company?
7. Dennis Franz and Jimmy Smits starred in what 1980s TV crime drama?
The Q Train: Beer Brands Trivia (Name the Country)
1. St. Pauli Girl
1. In "E.T.", what candy does Elliott leave a trail of for his alien friend? ( 1 pt)
2. What is the stretch of water between Russia and Alaska called? ( 1 pt)
3. Bruce Jenner won what athletic event at the 1976 Summer Olympics? ( 1 pt)
4. The oldest existing McDonald's restaurant is located in what US state? ( 2 pt)
5. What continent has most landlocked countries? ( 2 pt)
6. Between animal attacks, drowning and falling from heights, which is the number 1 cause of deaths at national parks? ( 2 pt)
7. What European country produces about 75% of the world's olive oil each year? ( 3 pt)
1. Who was the first actor to be nominated for an Oscar in which he portrayed 3 different characters in one film? ( 4 points)
2. What is the only country in Central America with English as its official language? ( 4 points)
3. What South American country had 5 different presidents over a span of 10 days in 2001? ( 5 points)
4. What 19th century US president officially dedicated the Statue of Liberty? ( 4 points)
5. What is the biggest holiday in the US every year in terms of greeting card sales? ( 3 points)
1. Tom Clancy; 2. Warren Beatty; 3. Red Sox (9-5); 4. The Shawshank Redemption; 5. Diamonds and Hearts; 6. Taylor Swift; 7. Bangladesh.
1. Johann Strauss; 2. Madonna; 3. Babe; 4. Blues Traveler; 5. Duke; 6. IBM; 7. NYPD Blue.
The Q Train: Beer Brands Trivia
1. Germany; 2. Canada; 3. Netherlands; 4. USA; 5. Denmark; 6. Japan; 7. Ireland; 8. France; 9. Belgium; 10. Australia.
1. Reese's Pieces; 2. Bering Strait; 3. Decathlon; 4. California; 5. Africa; 6. Drowning; 7. Spain.
1. Peter Sellers (Dr. Strangelove); 2. Belize; 3. Argentina; 4. Grover Cleveland; 5. Christmas.