Yesterday we had our first "Facebook Live Trivia Night", as the country continues to be in shutdown mode with pandemic still going on. So I went to Facebook and did the Trivia Night I would have done on January 21st. As you all know, I was let go from Professor Thom's the previous day, and I decided to hold that night's Trivia as our first online contest. And we had an overwhelming response, as the high number of folks who tuned in was 57. It was a combination of Trivia players, many of my relatives and friends, and others who joined via some shared links. I can't thank you all enough for turning out for it.
I couldn't grade any papers, as there wasn't any, and we all went on the honor system. Everyone told me their scores after each round, and it was the team of Team Covid Obesity that rolled up 50 points and won the night. We played for fun, and I had such a blast doing it. We will be doing it every Thursday night on Facebook Live at Trivia group "The Mighty Quinn's Trivia Empire." So please go there and send me a request to join if you'd like to take part next week. See you then!
1. What action film received 11 Oscar nominations in January, the most of any film for 2020?
2. What female pop singer will be singing the title song to the upcoming James Bond film "No Time To Die", the youngest artist in history to sing a Bond theme?
3. What female pop singer was chosen to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl in February?
4. What NFL player slapped the rear end of a New Orleans security officer at the college football championship game last week and a battery warrant was issued for his arrest?
5. What rap star was among the six musical acts chosen for the 2020 class for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
6. A deaf man from Brooklyn is suing what adult website because they don't provide close captioning and he says the site is in violation of federal law?
7. Former congressman Chris Collins, of what eastern state, was sentenced to two years in federal prison for insider trading in January?
1. What is the largest city in population in Australia?
2. What is Australia's most popular team sport in terms of attendance?
3. What explorer claimed Australia for England in 1770?
4. What Australian actress has been nominated for 7 Oscars, the most of any Australian actor or actress?
5. What female Australian singer is the highest selling Australian singer of all-time?
6. What is the largest state in Australia by area?
7. What tennins star won last year's Men's singles final at the Australian Open?
The Q Train: Grammy Award Wins Trivia (More or Less than 5)
1. Lady Gaga
3. Fleetwood Mac
5. Puff Daddy
6. Tina Turner
7. Elvis Costello
9. Black Eyed Peas
10. Dave Matthews Band
1. Andy Kaufman starred on what late 1970s sitcom? ( 1 pt)
2. What country was the first to use paper bills as money? (1 pt)
3. What river flows through the Grand Canyon? ( 1 pt)
4. In 1852, Elisha Otis invented what modern transportation device? ( 2 pt)
5. What year did Apple introduce the first iPhone? ( 2 pt)
6. On which continent can you find the most people with a genetic tendency to be lactose intolerant? ( 2 pt)
7. In the film "The Big Lebowski", what is The Dude's favorite drink? ( 3 pt)
1. What iconic solo artist charted 126 Billboard Top 200 Albums in his career, the most ever? ( 4 points)
2. What bodily noise is known medically as an "eructation" ? ( 4 points)
3. What pro sports team was George W. Bush the managing general partner of before becoming president of the United States? ( 3 points)
4. Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are a trio better known by what name? ( 5 points)
5. What musician, who sang on both of the biggest Christmas songs of 1984, died on Christmas Day three years ago? ( 4 points)
1. "Joker;" 2. Billie Eilish; 3. Demi Lovato; 4. Odell Beckham; 5. Notorious BIG; 6. Pornhub; 7. New York.
1. Sydney; 2. Aussie Rules Football; 3. Captain James Cook; 4. Cate Blanchett; 5. Kylie Minogue; 6. Western Australia; 7. Novak Djokovic.
The Q Train: Grammy Award Wins Trivia
1. More (9); 2. more (8); 3. less (2); 4. more (7); 5. less (3); 6. more (8); 7. less (1); 8. less (3); 9. more (6); 10. less (1).
1. "Taxi;" 2. China; 3. Colorado River; 4. elevator; 5. 2007; 6. Asia; 7. White Russian.
1. Elvis Presley; 2. burping; 3. Texas Rangers; 4. The Three Wise Men; 5.George Michael.