Monday, March 10, 2008

Spitzer: 14 Months and Out

I was busy today watching that all-important matchup between the Red Sox and Mets today, which ended in a 1-1 tie after 10 innings. (A very well pitched game on both sides, especially by Jon Lester and Johan Santana.) I got a call late in the game from my dad in Florida, who asked me if I heard about Governor Eliot Spitzer. I said no, that I hadn't watched the news the entire day. I thought it might have been some kind of attempt on his life, as Spitzer isn't the most popular guy in NY State these days, as he has plenty of enemies in Albany and on Wall Street.

I turned on the news to see that reports came flying out today that Spitzer's in some real serious doo-doo, and his name is linked to some kind of prostitution ring.

Say good night, Eliot.

He probably wishes right now that someone had taken a shot at him. At least people would feel sorry for him.

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

He believed he was above the law, sort of like some guy, originally from Ohio, named Roger Clemens:

One cannot securely govern with his pants around his ankles

Anonymous said...

He may well end up in jail. Prettu ironic for a guy who made his career as a moral crusader.