Sunday, March 30, 2008

Damn Proud to Be a "Chowderhead"

As many of you know, I love to comment on letters written in to newspapers, especially those that tick me off and I feel like saying something about them. But today I saw one in the New York Post's "Sound Off" column that I thought was very interesting, and sure to piss off any Yankee fan who stumbled across it.

And I promise you, I didn't write it in under an alias.

Here it is, from a Red Sox fan in Walden, NY named Don Murphy, Jr:

Boston chowder-head
Another baseball season is upon us. And just like the past eight years it begins without the obnoxiousness and arrogance spewing from Yankees fans, who think it's their birthright to win every year. You can just see the fear and uneasiness in the bloodshot eyes of each and every Yankees fan, saying: "Oh, no! It looks like the world champion Red Sox are once again the team to beat. What has happened to my precious Yankees? We haven't won a World Series in eight years, while the Red Sox have won two in the last four years and haven't lost a World Series game since 1986. The Red Sox also put the label of 'The Biggest Chokers in the History of Major League Baseball' on my poor Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. Woe is me, being a Yankees fan these days." Wahhhh! You should be used to it by now. The circus, aka the Yankees, will not win another World Series in the lifetime of any current Yankees fan, young or old. The new America's Team plays and resides in the city of Boston. It will be a sweet repeat for the world champion Red Sox in 2008.
DON MURPHY JR.
Walden, N.Y.


Amen, Mr. Murphy. I couldn't have put it better myself.

No comments: