Monday, March 17, 2008

Always a Proud Day

I want to wish all of you out there a warm and blessed St. Patrick's Day. I'll be spending it rather quietly at home, watching the parade from Manhattan on TV, as well as the Red Sox game from Tampa against the Yankees. It's a clear, chilly day here in New York, and I'm just glad to have some good weather on this day for a change. A remember a few years ago when we had a fast-moving snowstorm go through during the day.

I've only been to the parade on a couple of occasions live, and I rarely go out drinking to celebrate the day. I'll knock back a cold one and have some Irish soda bread tonight in honor of St. Patrick (pictured) and my Irish heritage. (It might be sacreligious to say this, but I can't stand corned beef and cabbage!)

And remember, there are only two kinds of people in the world.

Those who are Irish, and those who wish they could be.

6 comments:

Suldog said...

Had corned beef and cabbage at my sister-in-law's yesterday. I always forget how salty the damn stuff is!

BklynSoxFan said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Suldog!

sssssssss said...

I'm with you both on not digging the CB&C nor getting trashed on this day.

Hope you enjoy yours!

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks, Cyn...you have a great St. Patrick's Day too!

Michael Leggett said...

I marched & damn near dehydrated on 5th Avenue @ 57th Street:

Sox Caps were big on 5th Avenue;

Sadly(LOL), the Parade turned into a NY Jets(J-E-T-S) Rally, as the '05 Parade was a Red Sox Rally

Michael Leggett said...

To me, Corned Beef is to be savored on Rye Bread & Mustard:

In Ireland, Ham or Roast Beef, are the 2 Traditional Dishes;

Corned Beef & Cabbage is a NY Jewish Deli Version of St Patrick's Day