Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Village Rat Pack

I'm sure many of you probably caught this on the news, as I did yesterday. Apparently a gang of rats took over a KFC/Taco Bell restaurant in Greenwich Village and the invasion was caught on tape by some news crews as well. It looked like a scene out of the cult classic film, "Willard."

There seemed to be rats everywhere, and some of them looked like the size of cats. The Health Department shut the restaurant, which is on Sixth Avenue near West 4th Street. The restaurant claimed that because of some construction going on in another part of the building, it forced the vermin into the restaurant through a hole near one of the grills.

Taco Bell says the restaurant will not reopen until it "has been sanitized and given a complete clean bill of health." I think they would be wiser to shut the place permanently, bulldoze it and open a new restaurant somewhere else.

I can never recall being in that place, and I sure as hell will never frequent that joint in the future.

I don't think I'd ever want to eat in a place that was once the home to cat-sized vermin.

1 comment:

Michael Leggett said...

nuke da joint like it's "the riviera cafe' "