Monday, February 12, 2007

Inquiring Mind Wants To Know

I religiously avoid watching the Grammy Awards every year, as I have despised them for years. They honor the worst of the no-talent bums of the music industry. (Do I have to mention Milli Vanilli here? I guess so.) As I was searching for something more intellectually stimulating to watch on TV last night like professional wrestling, I saw an extraordinary sight as I accidentally came across the show last night.

Was that actually Al Gore giving out an award last night? Al Gore? So what album has he released over the last year, "Global Warming's Greatest Hits" or some nonsense like that?

I couldn't help but think that was one of those "Adam Ant at Motown's 25th Anniversary" moments you see at these awards shows: somebody who has no business being anywhere near this show popping up. But since the Dixie Chicks won some major awards, I guess his presence last night does make some sense in a bizarre sort of way.

No comments: