Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend

Tonight, courtesy of the Blogging BLOHARDS site, I saw a great Top Ten list put together by the good folks over at FenwayNation.com called "The Top 10 Reasons Why Sox Fans Should Root For The Mets." It's got some great reasons, but this one was my personal favorite:

7. Every young child growing up in New York that becomes a Mets Fan is one less child that will be corrupted by the Evil Empire.

I couldn't agree more, and it made me think of two of my nieces, both Yankee fans. Hopefully one day they can be "saved."

To see the complete list, check out this link:

http://www.blohardsblog.com/2006/09/prepping_for_po.html#more

5 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

Lou Stiman put it together:

I'm also The NY Correspondant of "Fenway Nation";

I was at Shea Stadium on Friday Night;

Mets Fans want "Big Papi" for MVP;

They're concerned about Jon Lester's Health;

Anyone seen with Yankees Gear, heard it;

ANYONE wearing A-Rod's #13, heard the chant of "Gay-Rod...Jeter's Boyfriend";

Still a # of Red Sox Caps are worn in Shea Stadium on The Weekends & New Englanders are seen at Shea, From MA, RI & CT.

Michael Leggett said...

As One Good Priest of The RC Diocese of Brooklyn, A Mets Fan, who comes from the Line of The Brooklyn Dodgers, once said, in regards to Yankees Fans, in regards to the 2000 World Series, he stated to said Yankees Fans:

"We will pray for your Immortal Souls";

He was the Founder Of the US Movement, "Marriage Encounter";

He knew a thing or 2 about rivalries.

Peter N said...

As do we!

BklynSoxFan said...

You did a wonderful job, Maureen. I'm really proud that neither of my nephews was "snatched" by the Evil Empire, and I'm proud that Danny is following in my footsteps!!

BklynSoxFan said...

And P.S.

I love both my nieces who are Yankee fans very much. If they choose to remain Yankee fans, I'll always love them just as much as if they were Mets fans.......