Saturday, September 30, 2006

Do We Have To Root For The EE Tomorrow?

The Red Sox lost tonight, 5-4 to the Orioles at Fenway, thanks to a Mike Timlin blown save, as Kevin Millar singled in two runs in the ninth to give Baltimore the victory.

This sets up a very bizarre scenario tomorrow. The Blue Jays came from behind to beat the Yankees, 6-5 today, so Toronto moves one game ahead of the Sox in second place. So in order for the Red Sox to finish in a tie with Toronto, they have to beat Baltimore on Sunday afternoon at Fenway, and, gulp, the Yankees have to beat the Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium.

Yes, we have to root for the New York Yankees in order for the Sox to avoid third place.

I guess we have no choice.

Let's Go......no I can't say it, not even for the Red Sox benefit...

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

I can't bear it:

I can't stomach it;

This is as bad as Pedro's Rotator Cuff;

Painful;

Like rooting for Nazis in Borough Park;

OK, I'll do it & take 1 for the team.

Christine E. said...

I am ok with 3rd..at least we will not have to hear how the division was the same as it has been for the last 187 years...

And if its not 1st, it doesn't really matter...:-(