Monday, September 18, 2006

"The Derek Jeter Show"

My friend Rhonda sent me this email last night, and it was too good not to share it. It is about last night's "Jeter Lovefest" on ESPN last night, aka the Red Sox-Yankees game. I was fortunate that I was at Professor Thom's last night. I walked in late, and they had the Sunday Night Football game on the main TV with the sound on most of the time, with the baseball game on another TV. But from the upclose shots of "Jesus Christ"(what my dad mockingly calls the Yankees captain), I was sure the announcers were falling all over him. I wasn't disappointed.

I hope you're all enjoying "The Life and Times of Derek Jeter" on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball as much as I am tonight. It has been a PRICELESS performance by Miller and Morgan tonight. From not knowing the first names of Sox starting players, to understating the Sox' injuries, to at least 500 shots of Mr. & Mrs. Jeter in the stands, to Joe Morgan attempting to define the word "character" and the meaning of MVP, to "seat sniffer" footage...well by God, I can only dream what could be next! Maybe I should crack open a Seagram's Golden Wine Cooler in honor of CI?

I love Rhonda, with her dedication to the Red Sox and telling it like it is. I'm glad I was listening to Al Michaels and John Madden instead last night.

3 comments:

WelshSoxFan said...

It must have been bad if those clowns Michaels and Madden were a preference. I'm suddenly rather glad I was stuck on the worst plane in the entire world

Michael Leggett said...

& on "FOX Saturday Baseball", Tim was his usual, "Jeter Centric" Self:

"Pukebarf!"

BklynSoxFan said...

REALLY bad, WSF...almost made me wish that Ken Harrelson was in the booth last night.