Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Old Stomping Grounds Is Now...

The home of the MLB Fan Cave.

The former site of Tower Records Greenwich Village on the corner of East 4th Street and Broadway is now the new home of the "MLB Fan Cave."

You may have heard that two people would be picked to watch every single MLB game in 2011 (2,430 in all plus the playoffs), and be paid to do it, too. It's called "MLB Dreamjob." I had more than a few people encouraging me to enter it, but I would have to give up my Trivia Night and background acting jobs in order to do it, so I passed.

Mike O'Hara and Ryan Wagner were selected, and will be watching the games on 15 TVs at the former Tower store. It will include a pool table, bar, '50s diner, memorabilia museum, fantasy baseball counter, and pitch-speed tester.

Well, at least they are putting the old Tower site to good use. I'll have to stop by and check it out.

That location is also where I watched Dave Henderson hit the home run in the 9th inning of Game 5 of the 1986 ALCS, and it's also where I was when the Red Sox took a 5-3 lead in the 10th inning of Game 6 of the World Series two weeks later. (Sure doesn't seem like 25 years ago.)

Good luck, gentlemen.

No comments: