Monday, April 02, 2007

One Of My Favorite Days

Roll out the cliches today.

Rebirth.
Everyone's in first place.
The winter is NOW officially over.
This is THE YEAR.

Yes, it's Opening Day for most of the Major League teams (a few open tomorrow and the Mets and Cardinals started last night). It's always been one of my favorite days of the calendar year. For the next six months, my head will be wrapped in stats and checking the Internet 10 times a day to see how my guys on my fantasy teams are doing. And of course, rooting for my real teams and being totally obsessed it.

I only wish the weather was a little better here in New York to make it really feel like spring.

How does another Red Sox-Mets World Series (aka "Steinbrenner's Worst Nightmare") sound?

Bring on the season!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sox-Mets sounds perfect. Bring on Opening Day!

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for checking in, Kristin.

Enjoy the day!!

Michael Leggett said...

Gammons predicted it, as did someone else.

Michael Leggett said...

& one can almost hear Ken Coleman & "The Murph", calling this series.