Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mirabelli Again!

Dougie went deep again.

And my Site Meter went bonkers, again.

Last Friday, Doug Mirabelli belted a home run, and immediately the number of visitors to my site went through the roof. I had 69 hits during the hour of Mirabelli's Friday home run. (I normally get from 10-15 hits on a typical night at 8 PM.) Last night, my numbers were even bigger the same hour Doug hit his second homer. (When I got the news of Doug's homer, I raised my arms in the air and yelled out, "There goes my Site Meter numbers again!")

And sure enough, they skyrocketed. I had almost 100 hits on my site right after Mirabelli's slam. It's almost as if Red Sox fans run to their computers as soon as Doug lets one fly.

In the last week, I've had over 650 hits on my site from people looking for the comic "day" in Doug Mirabelli's life. I get a lot of college kids from New England looking for it, especially from all the major universities. But last night's searchers were from a diverse number of places, such as California, Tennessee, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and even foreign lands like Canada, Ireland and Chile.

It was the second biggest day I've ever had in terms of total hits, as I had 332, which just fell short of my single best total of 338, which I did last November. And just this morning, I've already passed 100 hits for the day, and I've never done that before. (People are still looking for Dougie!)

No question Dougie should play more and hopefully hit more homers. (It will be interesting to see what my numbers will be if he doesn't hit a home run the next time Tim Wakefield pitches, which will be next Monday night.)

As for last night's game, Tim Wakefield pitched seven masterful innings, bringing his record to 2-1. He's been sensational so far, and was aided by homers from Mike Lowell, David Ortiz and Our Boy Doug, as the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays, 4-1. It was an important win to get, as Julian Tavarez goes up against Roy Halladay in the series finale in Toronto today.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

My first 50-year-old scrimmage is this weekend. Both of my teams are playing each other, so I may end up being official catcher - God help my knees. Pray for me, Q :-)