Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Countdown to Armageddon, Game 1

Today is the 96th Opening Day in the history of Fenway Park, and it's always a special day. I'll be taking it in with many of the New York City-based faithful at Professor Thom's pub. There should be a good crowd there for it.

The Seattle Mariners are in town for a three-game series, with Josh Beckett getting the ball today. And tomorrow is the Fenway debut of Daisuke Matsuzaka, and that game should have a World Series-like atmosphere, especially since the first hitter he'll be facing is fellow countryman Ichiro Suzuki. I can't imagine the number of Japanese, as well as American press that will be covering the game.

I've also updated my countdown clock today. I have put in the official countdown to the very first game against the Yankees, which begins the latest War to End All Wars, starting on April 20, with a three-game series at Fenway. I also noticed that the Sox play New York just 18, instead of 19 times, this season. I'm sure there's a reason for that.

1 comment:

Michael Leggett said...

UNFORTUNATELY, it'll be on YES & on FOX:

No DO & The RemDawg, for us;

& you WONDER why that "No Hitter & Holocost Scholar", Michael Kay, is on my "M.Donald Grant" List!