Monday, April 30, 2007

I Audition Tomorrow

Many of you may remember a few weeks ago that I complained a contestant on the TV show, "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" and how she was able to get on the show. It inspired me to try to get on the show. Well, tomorrow I get my chance, as I will have an audition for the next upcoming season.

I went to the show's web site and discovered that starting today that are beginning the contestant tryouts for the 2007-08 TV season. I sent in an online application last weekend and got a response back last Monday and I booked it for tomorrow at 5:45 PM at the ABC Studios in Manhattan.

I haven't really "hit the books" as far as studying, as I've actually been busy the last few days, with softball, trivia and the Red Sox-Yankees series. So I'm going to trust the vast reservoir of useless knowledge I have stored in my brain. Tomorrow I have to take a written test, and if I pass that, I get a further interview. (I've taken the test twice before, back in 2002, and failed it both times. It's a really difficult test.)

ABC also sent me an application for the audition, mostly with stuff like, "What do you like about Millionaire?" and "What's the first thing you would do with $1 million?" I'm going to have to be a little inventive with my answers.

Well, wish me luck. If I don't pass tomorrow, I'm going to take another shot at it later in May (you can try again if you don't pass). Two of my friends from Professor Thom's are also giving it a shot as well. If you are interested in trying out for the show, you can go to: www.millionairetv.com and fill out an application.

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Thanks for the link, Q. I'm going to give it a shot.

BklynSoxFan said...

My pleasure. Our pal Chris is one of the other two friends I mentioned.

Good luck, Suldog!

smartone22 said...

Well, how was your audition? Did you pass the test? Were the questions harder or easier as those given the prior time you auditioned? You had mentioned that the questions were really hard when you first auditioned.

BklynSoxFan said...

I'll have that answer (and it will be my FINAL answer) in a separate post on Wednesday morning...