Thursday, December 18, 2008

400

We had exactly 400 hits on this blog yesterday, which is one of the busiest days ever here. My SiteMeter numbers have skyrocketing the last few weeks, and I've gotten at least 300 or more hits the past week.

So what's causing the jump?

My friend Tracy in England sent me a YouTube audio clip last December of Frank Kelly, who played Father Jack Hackett (pictured) on the now-legendary show "Father Ted," doing a humorous, and a very different, reading of "The 12 Days of Christmas." It's done from an Irish point of view, and apparently folks from all over the world, especially from England and Australia, have been finding it on my site, which I put up last December. (If you Google "Irish 12 Days of Christmas" my site comes up first. Thanks, Google.)

If you'd like to check it out, go here.

I was getting hits on my site for the clip all year, even in the middle of July. But now, every time I check my SiteMeter to check who is on, there's always someone looking at it from my site.

The record for hits on this site for one day is 583, from November 2006, when I was linked in a Gawker article about Tower Records. My numbers continue to climb each day, and they are off to a good start today. Let's see if we can set a new record here.

The Media Machine continues to expand!

No comments: