Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 2009 to You and Yours

This is my 713th and final post of 2008, and overall my 1,873rd post on this site. (I did 30 more posts in 2008 than in 2007. Guess I had a lot more to say!) I want to thank all of you who come to my blog, especially those who make it a regular stop. We had over 63,000 hits to this site in 2008.

Most folks come here through Google searches, either by word or by picture. But we do have a pretty steady number of regular readers of The Mighty Quinn Media Machine, and I thank all of you who've made it such a success and a joy for me to do.

I'm not planning anything special yet with the blog in 2009. First order of business is me getting a new computer, and that is very close to happening right now. I'll be so happy when I won't have to live off of Internet cafes and Professor Thom's computers!

We've gotten literally thousands of hits from people looking for trivia, and I'm glad to have helped many of you out. The main focus of this site is the Red Sox and trivia, but in 2009 I will continue to write about them and whatever else strikes my fancy.

It's hard to believe I am about to start my fourth calendar year writing this site. But time just seems to fly by, and I look forward to an even bigger year in 2009.

I'm not planning on doing anything special tonight, as I'm usually home on New Year's Eve with family and friends. I'm looking forward to settling in with "The Twilight Zone" on the Sci-Fi Channel and "The Honeymooners" on New York's WPIX, as both are doing their yearly marathons on this holiday. Just wouldn't be New Year's without them! (And of course, plenty of college bowl games mixed in on Thursday.)

So I wish all of you out there a wonderful New Year's holiday, and I hope 2009 is a terrific year for all of us!

3 comments:

Peter N said...

And I wish the same to you and yours, Q. like you, I entered my 4th year of blogging two months ago and am approaching 2000 posts. That's a fairly thick book!0. Time flies when I'm typing, usually in the early AM for my posts. The bestest 2009 to you and yours. And yes, you're an everyday stop, usually number one. I'd better write my New Year's Day post before I forget it...it's inside my head. Have a great holiday Thursday.

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for the kind words as always, Peter. I hope you have a wonderful 2009 also!

Michael Leggett said...

My Blog will be 4 Years Old in June. Great Luck with the New PC:

I'm approaching 2400 Posts;

Fcuk The Riviera!