Friday, December 26, 2008

7 Years? Not Bad

I had some major computer problems on Christmas night, as my brother-in-law and myself tried to find a way for me to get my new iPod Nano going. But it turns out that my computer, which I got in 2002, doesn't have the capacity to handle it. We tried a number ways to do it, but it just wouldn't work.

I attempted to reverse the changes we made late last night, as they were playing havoc with my computer. But my computer basically went kaput trying to do it. I take it as a sign: time to get a new computer.

I'll be shopping for one over the next few days, so I may not be posting much over the next week or so. I'm currently writing this at an Internet cafe not far from my house, and I'll be using that and the ones at Professor Thom's until I get my new one. It's a pain, but I don't have a better alternative right now.

I got seven years out of my computer. Can't really complain, and I think I got my money's worth.

2 comments:

Peter N said...

I bought my computer in '04...it's an eMac...it works fine but I know that within a year or so, I'll buy a new one. For now, it's OK. Your computer has had a long life...when it's down, I feel like I'm missing out. I just knocked on wood...no major problems, just a dumb owner. Have a good weekend, John.

BklynSoxFan said...

I'm going through a bit of "computer withdrawal" as I have to use other computers until I get my new one. But it's time...

Have a good weekend also, Peter.