Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sadness and Hope

I read in today's New York papers that the ramp that leads into Ground Zero is about to be taken down, as the National September 11 Memorial and Museum is making progress and the ramp will be taken away to make room for the cranes on that part of the site.

I walked down that ramp for every remembrance since 2002. It has always been a very emotional moment every year when I was in line about to reach it. And walking down it is always a sacred experience, especially at the first year anniversary. Hearing that the ramp is being taken down brought back many moments for me today of those remembrances.

I feel sadness, but also hope. Hope that the memorial is making great strides, and that we'll have it completed by the tenth anniversary, September 11, 2011.

1 comment:

Peter N said...

I hope so too.