Wednesday, December 05, 2007

12 Days of Christmas, Irish Style



My dear friend Tracy, who lives in England, sent me this hysterical parody of "The 12 Days of Christmas" by an Irish actor named Frank Kelly, which I though I'd share with all of you. There's no video, just audio. But it's really funny.

Those of you familiar with the 1990s British TV show, "Father Ted", will remember Frank Kelly as Father Jack Hackett, the elderly drunken priest who could hardly speak a coherent word. "Father Ted" was a very funny show about three priests exiled to an island off the coast of Ireland called Craggy Island. Unfortunately, the show lasted only three series as the lead actor, Dermot Morgan, died of a heart attack just as the third season was completed.

Hope you enjoy this YouTube clip, which lasts just over five minutes, whether you are Irish or not!

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

I'd hate to be in THAT house:

I cracked up laughing meself silly

Unknown said...

I have missed this Irish version for so long. For the past 25 years, it has been something to look forward to in Jamaica, W.I., from the beginning of November to the first week in January.

I have resided in the U.S. for 18 years and never heard it on any radio stations here. I only get the opportunity when I return home to Jamaica. My sister just called me last week while I listened on the radio.

I am so happy and excited that I found it on your site. This is truly a hilarious one.