Friday, June 27, 2008

Congratulations Victoria

Congratulations go out today to Victoria, a young 10-year-old girl from Massachusetts who many of you may remember was in the running for the position of "Red Sox Kid Nation captain." I put up a post for her many weeks ago, encouraging people to vote for her.

Well, the word came down this week that Victoria was indeed elected a captain, and got to go on the field at Fenway and got to yell "play ball" with some other kids before Wednesday's game. (Being on the Fenway field is just awesome, isn't it Victoria? I did it earlier this year, too!)

Here is a video of Victoria's memorable night at Fenway. Her blog is here.

Once again, congratulations Victoria. I know you'll make a great captain, and I'm glad that I was able to help get the vote out for you!

No comments: