Friday, January 12, 2007

Thursday Night Stuff

It was a busy Thursday night, as early in the evening, I converted my blog over to the "New Blogger." I was reluctant to do so for a while, but my friends convinced me to do so. So far so good with it.

The Mighty Quinn Media Machine also had its 13,000th visitor since I put the Site Meter up last April 20. Laura, of Laura and The Red Sox blog, was here early Thursday evening and now has that proud distinction. Congratulations, Laura. (Sorry, there's no prize...)

We had the first of the BarGames, at Finnerty's bar. Unfortunately, it was an inauspicious start for Professor Thom's. The guys from Finnerty's won easily at darts, sweeping the best two-of-three series to go up, 1-0. The next bar activity, video golf, will take place next Thursday night, but this time at the friendly confines of Professor Thom's. Finnerty's took home the Challenge Cup, a 52 ounce cooler which was graciously donated by Michael Leggett. Gotta get that cup back to Thom's...

My friends and I played video golf after we returned from the darts, and let's just say I am not one of Thom's representatives in golf next week. In an 18-hole match, I finished fourth out of four, shooting 8 over par and 26 shots behind the winner.

And to wrap up the night, a great magician named Polaris was in the bar, showing off some of his tricks. I met him a few weeks ago in the bar, and he is just an incredible magician. Most of what he does involves cards, but he did a trick involving beer and a dollar bill that I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I have always loved magic, and Polaris' tricks had all of us watching either in stitches or in disbelief. I said to Polaris at the end of the night, "I don't try to figure out how you're doing it, I just sit back and enjoy it."

He smiled at me, and couldn't help but agree.

3 comments:

Peter N said...

New look. I wonder why I have not been allowed to change over. Maybe because I use Apple's Safari browser? Any clue? Have a great weekend...congrats Laura...I'm nearing 30,000, and I never thought that mark would be possible so quickly. Take care Q.

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks Peter. I was reluctant to do the change over,as I feared a disaster, but I went ahead and did it, without a problem. Can't say I know why you can't do it.

You have a great weekend too.

Michael Leggett said...

Please!

My Cup in a YANKEES Bar!

Nooooooooooooo!

Peter, download Firefox. It works best with the blog.