Thursday, January 25, 2007

Red Sox vs. Phillies on March 31

The Red Sox will be playing their final two exhibition games of their spring training schedule in Philadelphia in 2007, as they have the past two years. I went to one of the those games last year, and I had a great time there, even if it was just a tune-up match.

This season, a number of us are planning to go again, this time to the final game on Saturday, March 31. We are renting a bus to take us down, and we'll be taking it back to New York. If any of you in the New York area would like to join us, please go to Professor Thom's in Greenwich Village to sign up. It is just $45 for the bus trip back and forth to Philadelphia, and that also includes the price of the ticket to the game. Citizens Bank Park is an absolutely wonderful park to see a game, and I have been to four games there in the past. (The Red Sox won't be playing the Phillies in interleague action this year, so it's the only time they will be in Philly this year.)

My buddy Mike of Professor Thom's, a huge Phillies fan, is organizing the trip. If you'd like more information, please drop me a line at jbq1462@hotmail.com and I'll try to answer your questions or pass along your interest.

3 comments:

MattySox said...

Looks like I'm heading up from DC for that game as well...we'll have to meet up at some point for a beer and to finally meet face-to-face...

BklynSoxFan said...

Sounds great, Matty. A large group of us are heading down by bus. Drop me a personal email a few days before and we can swap cell numbers and meet up...

Michael Leggett said...

I'd love to go:

Haven't been to Philly in many years.