Thursday, January 25, 2007

An Invasion By The Turks

I love checking out Site Meter daily, which lets me know who's been visiting my site. I check a couple of times a day, and it's always fascinating. (I'll be doing a post soon about how people from around the world find The Mighty Quinn Media Machine.)

Over the past few days, I've noticed a goodly number of folks from the nation of Turkey have been checking out my site. (It's not really an "invasion," as that just sounded like a cool thing to write as a headline.) I knew it couldn't be a bunch of Red Sox fans over there, but I discovered something very odd as the reason why they've been coming here.

Apparently there is a very popular show in Turkey called "Hatirla Sevgili," and from what I've been able to guess, it's a nighttime drama over there. And roughly translated, it means "Beloved Hatirla" in English. (I believe Hatirla is a woman's name, as the online translation service I used couldn't identify it as a common word.)

And for some really bizarre reason, the Turkish Google service there has a link to my site when people there look up the show. This one of the results from a Google search:

HATIRLA SEVGILI DIZISI -- BOLUMLERI - VIDEOLARI
hatırla sevgili dizisi,bölümleri,müziği,müzikleri,fragman,fragmanları,mp3,yeni bölümleri,atv,Beren Saat,michelle,Cansel Elçin,Okan Yalabık,Avni Yalçın,Engin ...quinnmedia.blogspot.com/2006/10/memories-of-tower-greenwich-village.html

Don't worry if you can't figure out most of that result, as it's in Turkish, and I really can't make heads or tails of it either.

It links to my first article about my time at Tower Records ("Memories of Tower Greenwich Village"). I'm sure those Turkish folks are rather disappointed when they check out my site and find nothing about their favorite show (unless many of them are trivia fans). I think most of the people who end up on my site are looking for a "YouTube" video of the show.

Well, at least it brings my Site Meter numbers up a bit.

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Fascinating stuff. I think I mentioned before that I get many hits from folks doing a search for "naked snow jogging". It's all very amusing, isn't it?

BklynSoxFan said...

The Internet never ceases to amaze and fascinate me, Suldog. I remember you talking about "naked snow jogging." And I bet that's pretty tame compared to some people...

Unknown said...

Hi! "Hatirla sevgili" means "Remember darling" Hatirla means remember in turkish. It is about the effects of the political situation in Turkey of 60s upon the great love of a young couple.

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks Billur, for clearing that up for me and exactly what that show is about.