Thursday, October 12, 2006

An HBO Miniseries Coming?

I read in today's New York Post that HBO is working on a possible miniseries about the 2004 Red Sox and their glorious world championship. It would be a dramatization of many of the events of that season, with actors playing the Red Sox players.

It's an interesting idea, and I will be very curious to see who writes it and from which source they get their information from.

I don't know who wrote the article in today's Post, but they sure don't have their facts straight. (It was credited to "Post staff writer.") The anonymous person wrote:

No matter, the "Idiots" story is filled with plenty of drama - starting with the long, 89-year drought Boston suffered between championships. Baseball legend has it that the Sox were being punished for trading away Babe Ruth to the Yankees in 1917.

Talk about sloppy reporting. As everyone knows, the Red Sox ended an 86-year drought, and Babe Ruth was sold to the Yankees in 1920, not 1917.

I just hope whoever wrote today's column has nothing to do with the production of the miniseries. Here is the complete article from today's paper:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10122006/tv/beantown_miracle_tv_.htm

4 comments:

Peter N said...

And there is a 7 part (I think) ESPN series about the '77 Yankees...and there have been a few news blurbs on the CT. TV stations about it..and the making of it in a CT. minor league park......everyone looks eeriely like their 1977 counterparts. Have you heard about it? Have a great weekend.

BklynSoxFan said...

Haven't heard a word about it, Peter...

Peter N said...

You will. As we all will....the resemblance to the actor portraying Thurman and the real man is uncanny. And the actors playing Jim Ed and Pudge...wow..I freaked! If I hear anything more I will let you know. But it WILL be so well publicized. I can't wait.

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for the heads-up about it. I look forward to checking it out. Have a great weekend too....