Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Alex Minasian Trio Live At Kitano

My buddy and fellow Red Sox fan (as well as excellent trivia player) Alex Minasian will be doing another show at the Kitano Hotel tomorrow night. Alex and his Trio will be doing two shows, at 7:30, and again at 9:15. I will, of course, be there to support them. Alex is a very talented young jazz piano player.

Alex will be teamed with a couple of great jazz veterans: Ron McClure on bass, and Dion Parson on drums. I was at Alex's previous gig at the Kitano, and they were really terrific. (Jazz Improv magazine did a review of that show, and you can check it out at: www.jazzimprov.com.) The Kitano Hotel is a very intimate venue, and it is located at Park Avenue and E. 38th Street.

There is no cover charge, so if you want to see some swinging jazz, Alex and his Trio are definitely worth checking out!

And of course, don't forget: Trivia Night at Professor Thom's this evening, starting at 9. I'll be doing a special category tonight: Presidential Trivia...

1 comment:

Peter N said...

That makes me wish even more that I was in the neighborhood...oh well. I'll live it through your writing.