Friday, October 27, 2006

Happy Birthday John Cleese

A very happy birthday today to John Cleese, one of the great comic geniuses of our time and one of the co-creators of Monty Python. John turns 67 today. I never, ever get tired of seeing some of his best performances, especially with Monty Python, like "The Cheese Shop," "Dead Parrot," "The Argument," and "Undertaker" sketches, and of course, his least (by his own admission) favorite and best known one, "Ministry of Silly Walks."

And "Monty Python and The Holy Grail" is simply my favorite movie of all-time.

I love "Fawlty Towers," his show that followed Monty Python. I haven't seen it in many years, and I wish someone would bring it back on a regular basis. The character of Basil Fawlty is simply a work of genius. It's a shame it lasted only 12 episodes.

From one "Q" to another (he played "Q" in the James Bond film, "Die Another Day"), I hope you have a great birthday. Mr. Cleese!

No comments: