Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Baseball Songs: Sports Heroes 3"

I wanted to bring to your attention another terrific CD by a man named Joe Pickering, Jr. called "Baseball Songs: Sports Heroes 3."

This is Joe's fourth CD, and I've had the pleasure to have promoted the last two, "Baseball Songs: Sports Heroes 2" and "Sports Songs and Beyond."

The album includes 14 baseball songs, and 4 bonus tunes. The baseball songs include such subjects as the Red Sox, Mets, Cubs, Tampa Bay Rays, Boston Braves, Gil Hodges, Frank Malzone, Rube Waddell and more. It was produced and arranged by Phil Coley and Danny Mack did the vocals.

As a matter of full disclosure, Joe gave me the honor of writing something for the liner notes and I was proud to do it. And it is for the song, "Red Sox Nation" which is proudly a part of my iPod:

"Joe Pickering has done it again, and once again has tapped into the essence of being a Red Sox fan. I was proud to have been an inspiration for a previous Red Sox song ("The Bravest Red Sox Fans") and now Joe has added to his growing repertoire with such songs as "The Green Monster" and "Red Sox Nation." Keep on Keeping the Faith, Joe!"

Joe's first three albums have all been accepted into the Baseball Hall of Fame's Sound Library, and his music has been used in films, TV and radio.

Joe has a web site you might like to check out, King of the Road Music. The CD is available there, as well as at CD Baby, and at Amazon.com. It is available for digital download at both sites.

I wish Joe all the best, and I might be biased, but he's done a nice job with the CD, and I am proud to support it!

No comments: