Thursday, August 06, 2009

Yep. Everybody Else Is Dirty But Us.

In the ninth inning of yesterday's Red Sox game with the Rays, I saw some Rays fan holding up a sign that actually made me laugh when I saw it.

It was one of those taunting signs (that no doubt many of the hypocrites in the Wind Tunnel will be carrying tonight) that had asterisks next to the two Red Sox championships, but it also had this:

WE PLAY BY THE RULES.

Oh really? Can you prove that? Are those Rays fans that naive? I guess their team is "playing it straight" while everybody is dirty, right? (Where have I heard that before?) Do they really think they've got a "clean" team, while the evil Sox are "dirty?"

Might be something in the water down there in Florida, or they've just become Rays fans last year (probably the latter).

Steroids infested this game over two decades ago. I defy anyone to show me ANY team that is clean and above board since. And another sad part is that with no valid test for HGH, PEDs are still around. And will be for the forseeable future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, you Sox fans weren't saying "everyone's dirty" until it was shown your team was one of the dirtiest.

BklynSoxFan said...

I WASN'T saying it. In this day and age, NO team can be 100% clean, not with HGH not having a valid test for it. I would bet no team in this GENERATION has been clean. And that is terribly sad.