Saturday, August 08, 2009

At Least Texas Lost

Another putrid display of baseball in the Bronx on Saturday.

Clay Buchholz wasn't bad ( 6 innings, 2 runs) but the offense was AWOL once again.

5 1/2 games back. The Texas Rangers were beaten in Anaheim by the Angels, so the Red Sox Wild Card lead remains at one game. (I think we should pay a little more attention to them now.)

The last 24 innings: 8 hits, no runs. 0-5 in the two most important series of the year this week. It's beyond embarrassing.

I know Terry Francona will never do this, but I think we may have reached the point where he should lock the clubhouse door, turn over the postgame spread table and get really pissed at these guys.

And David Ortiz claims he never used steroids.

Don't ask me, I don't know what to believe any more.

No comments: