Sunday, August 09, 2009

Thank You

Thank you, Boston Red Sox, for not showing up in the Bronx this weekend.

Thank you for embarrassing your loyal fan base with a simply horrid display of offensive baseball against your longtime rival and nemesis, and at the worst possible time. I will offer no excuses to anyone for the crap I've witnessed since last Thursday.

Thank you for going 0-6 against the two division rivals in the most important week of the season.

Thank you for making the Yankees look like they belong in the playoffs and you don't.

Thank you for totally wasting outstanding pitching efforts from Josh Beckett, Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz the last three days. (20 innings, 3 earned runs, no wins.)

Thank you for setting off a panic in the Nation right now.

Thank you for bringing back terrible memories of three years ago.

Thank you for allowing the Texas Rangers to tie you in the Wild Card race. (And I'm sure not looking forward to seeing them next weekend.)

Thank you for raising my blood pressure this weekend.

And thank you for making me as angry as I've ever been at you in one hell of a long time. The season isn't over by a long shot, but the ship better get righted this week, starting on Monday night.

I'm glad I have tickets for Steely Dan tomorrow night, as I need to get away from you guys for a bit.

Now, I'm going to bed. I've vented enough.

6 comments:

SoSock said...

No amount of venting would be enough at this point.

SoSock said...

And it's even worse that it was Bard, my dear Tarheel Bard, who gave up the b2b pop-up HRs. Any other field those are easy outs, but he has to know that and pitch accordingly.
It's almost like he's just a rookie or something.
Oh wait.......he is.
Tito has know that, and although he's got to experience being on the hot seat at some point, maybe when you finally have a lead for the 1st time in a HUGE series and you're trying to avoid a sweep, maybe that's not the time to fire-test him.

BklynSoxFan said...

The Red Sox couldn't put any of those easy outs into the stands this weekend: just twice.

Don't know what Francona can do right now.

BklynSoxFan said...

I honestly thought he'd go to Okajima in the eighth, SoSock, and as good as Bard has been, he maybe coming down to earth now.

SoSock said...

Steely Dan - cool.
Saw them about 7 or 8 years ago. Still remember it vividly. Great show. They've always been one of my faves.
I've been going gonzo on live music lately. All local stuff, but there's some damn good music going on around here lately. I've made friends with the guys in a band called Big Daddy Love and they've introduced me to a number of other area musicians, some of whom I've followed for quite a while. Dave McCracken from Donna The Buffalo just for starters. He guested on their CD. And he appeared with a band called Hobex last night at the weekly downtown street party music thing here. Averaging 2 or 3 nights a week at a show of some sort somewhere. It's been fun, and a needed distraction. From this losing streak, among other things.
It's late, I'm out
Later

BklynSoxFan said...

I'm hoping live music will also be theraputic, SoSock. I saw Steely Dan 14 years ago in NJ and I'm really looking forward to tonight...