Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thom's Is Big In Japan (And I Guess I Am Too!)




Back on April 27, the NHK Network of Japan sent a camera crew into Professor Thom's, as they were doing a report for their audience back in Japan about the Red S0x-Yankees rivalry, and they did it from the perspective of the Red Sox fans here in New York.

It was filmed during the first game the Sox played at Yankee Stadium this year, and by coincidence, it was Daisuke Matsuzaka's first game in New York as well (which he won). They filmed a number of us, including my friends Rhonda, Ruth and Chris. And naturally, they found me, as I was wearing my Red Sox jersey and sitting at the bar.

They asked me about being a Red Sox fan here and how I came to support them. They were really nice, and it's the second time I've been interviewed on TV by the Japanese media. (I was part of a similar story about Red Sox fans here in NYC two years ago.)

I appear only briefly in the report, at about the 1:40 mark (the story is about 4 1/2 minutes long). It was cool to be a part of it, and my legend of being The Media Whore continues to grow...

3 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

I wonder what's Japanese for "F--- The Riviera"?

I may come up with a Latin Version, Though

Steel36 said...

John You ignorant media slut!! LOL

BklynSoxFan said...

"Ignorant?" How could you say such a thing!!

Media slut, sure....

Makes me miss the old SNL even more...