Thursday, May 31, 2007

On With "Boondoggle With Bob"

Earlier today, I was interviewed on an Internet radio show today called, "Boondoggle With Bob," hosted by Robert Tuchman. Last night I got an email from Voiceamerica.com, which produces the show, and they asked me if I'd like to be interviewed on the show.

"Boondoggle With Bob" is a weekly sports show on every Thursday at noon, and today's topic was about "The 5 Sports Events We Never Fathomed Could Happen," and one was the Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series. Bob found my site last night, and asked me to appear.

I was on for about 6-7 minutes, and he asked me questions about becoming a Red Sox fan here in NYC, how we celebrated the championship, and which was bigger: beating the Yankees in the ALCS or the Cardinals in the World Series. (I told him that for me it was like "1" and "1A." The ALCS win was "1", in that they made history and got revenge for past Yankees losses, and then winning the Series was next at "1A.") I also told him a story about having a Yankee fan in December 2004 yell, "Boston still sucks" at me, and my response to him: simply putting my hands around my throat, and the no response I got from that.

Bob gave my web site, and the other two I write for, a nice plug, and I made sure I got a word in about Professor Thom's, and my buddy Horton's bar in the West Village (where we celebrated after the glorious 2004 victories).

My Media Machine continues to grow, and now I can add "being interviewed on Internet radio" to my resume. My thanks to Robert Tuchman for a very enjoyable interview.

3 comments:

Suldog said...

You are The Man, The Media Maven! Congrats on adding another scalp to your collection, Q :-)

Steel36 said...

What did you say about being a media whore??

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks Suldog. There are other worlds to conquer...

Once a media whore, always a media whore...