Saturday, May 19, 2007

30,000 Visitors and More

At 6:20 PM tonight, the 30,000th visitor came to The Mighty Quinn Media Machine since I put up the Site Meter on April 20, 2006. It was a visitor from Methuen, Massachusetts who found my site looking for (naturally) the funny Doug Mirabelli post.

My numbers always bump up when Doug Mirabelli plays for the Red Sox. He was in the starting lineup tonight in Game 2 of the doubleheader against Atlanta and my numbers went up slightly. They went up even more the other night when Dougie started Game 1 of that doubleheader against Detroit on Thursday. And I'm sure they go up again on Monday night when he catches Tim Wakefield. It seems his mere presence sends Red Sox fans running to their computer to find that incredibly silly post.

And according to Google Analytics, over 3200 people have come to my site specifically to find the Dougie post since April 18, which is nearly 60% of all the unique hits I've gotten over the past month.

Dougie always brings people to my site, and I'm always grateful to him.

Another fabulous day in my baseball world. The Mets took care of the Yankees again, 10-7 at Shea, and won the "Subway Series, Part 1." Sportswriters before the White Sox series were saying that the next three series they played (White Sox, Mets and Red Sox) were pivotal not just for the team, but Joe Torre's future. The Yankees have really done a fabulous job so far, going 1-4 in the first five games.

The Red Sox whacked Atlanta in the first of their day/night DH at Fenway, 13-3, behind Daisuke Matsuzaka's sixth win and four home runs. Unfortunately the second game was one fit for the garbage, as the Braves returned the favor, 14-0. The Sox had only three hits, and basically didn't have their heads in this game. They now lead the Yankees by 10 1/2 games.

Game 2 was also the makeup game from Friday night that I had tickets to. My pal Mark in Massachusetts, who I was going to the game with, called me on Saturday morning to tell me it was raining again in Boston. I wasn't feeling great, so I decided to pass on the game.

Thank God I did. It poured a good part of the game, and with the final result now known, I'm glad I didn't spend the better part of eight hours roundtrip on bus to attend this disaster in person.

I'll just pray for better weather next time.

No comments: