Wednesday, August 04, 2010

#4: The $99,000 Answer

I am a recent convert to the classic TV show "The Honeymooners." It has been on forever here in New York on WPIX-TV Channel 11, and they have a marathon of the show to start the year every New Year's at midnight.

It's only in the last few years I have come to appreciate the comic genius that was the show. I am now a faithful watcher of the show late night on Sunday nights, the only time Channel 11 shows it now. But it's well worth it. My favorite episodes are "Ralph Learns to Play Golf" ("Hello Ball"), and "Chef of the Future" ("Core a Apple").

I have featured both before here, but another of my faves is when Ralph appears on the quiz show "The $99,000 Answer" as a music trivia expert, and flubs "Swanee River", which was Ed Norton's warmup song when they practiced together.

This is the final five minutes of the show, and our number 4 clip. Forever a classic. Enjoy.

No comments: