Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#17: Walk of Life

I've always been a huge fan of Dire Straits. I saw them in concert at Madison Square Garden in 1992 and it was a terrific show. Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite guitarists of all-time.

They had a video from 1985 for the song "Walk of Life" that had sports bloopers in the background as they performed the song in concert. It was always a good song and I always liked the video.

So, for number 17 on the list of favorite YouTube videos, here it is. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Peter N said...

Knopfler is one of the best guitarists alive. Dire Straits albums in the years before BROTHERS IN ARMS, which contained their breakout hit MONEY FOR NOTHING, were revelations to me. Thanks, John, for my morning coffee/Dire Straits three minutes. Great video.

When you finish your countdown, it would be great to see a post with all of them, in order. That's asking a lot but it would be SO great. Thanks. Peter

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks Peter, and I will probably list them all in one post with all the links. It's been fun to put it together.