Monday, August 30, 2010

#30: Once a Media Whore...

A few years ago, I was totally amazed when my buddy Alex sent me an email one night and totally freaked me out. He discovered a news report from Channel 9 (WOR-TV) in New York from 1985 on YouTube, and it was about the radio war between Howard Stern and Don Imus, when they both worked at WNBC-AM in New York.

And 11 seconds into, guess who turns up? Yes, me.

I have a vague memory of the news report. They came into Tower Records in Greenwich Village (I really miss that place) when I was working as a clerk on the rock floor and asked me about it. I also turned up at the end of the piece as well. Some other folks I worked with were interviewed too.

I am still totally and completely amazed this ended up on YouTube! BTW, I also talked about this nearly four years ago, in the blog post "I Was a Teenage Media Whore."

This is number 30 in the countdown. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Peter N said...

I'm a huge Howard fan and right now I'm enjoying this clip from 25 (hold sh*t!) years ago. Thanks John.

The Angry Tech said...

I like how Howard said he's leaving radio behind and moving on to bigger things.

Well, a twit can dream, can't he?

BklynSoxFan said...

It's murder being typecast, eh, Rob? So how many millions did he make going to satellite radio again?