Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Old Friend's Out of Work

The Cubs are going with Chad Tracy with one of their final utility spots, so yesterday they released 2004 hero Kevin Millar.

I guess his dream of being a "cursebuster" for the second time is now gone. (Unless maybe the Indians pick him up.)

This could be the end of the road for Millar. I don't see the Red Sox as a landing spot for him this year. I could definitely see him in broadcast booth with someone in the near future.

In tribute, here's Kevin encouraging Sox fans in 2007 when they were down in the ALCS to the Indians (and while he was still a member of the Orioles):



And no Red Sox fan who was at Fenway while he was a Red Sox will ever forget this video played there, "Rally Karaoke Guy":



We will never forget "Cowboy Up" or his walk that began the greatest comeback in the history of American sports.

Thanks Kevin. And good luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. The Sox should pick him up as an assistant something or other. Love his energy.

Just wrote about the Sox in my blog. Check it out:

http://thecorner33.blogspot.com/

Rick said...

"Don't let us win tonight."
Kevin Millar before game 5 of alcs.

Will have a long career ahead of him in Boston as broadcasting/pitchman/sports personality if he wants it.

BklynSoxFan said...

I like your blog, Stuff. I put up a link for you tonight on my blog.

I will forever remember KFC for that line, Rick. I think it was before Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, though. But it was still classic!