Thursday, July 02, 2009

Marathon Weekend


The tradition continues.

One of my all-time favorite shows, "The Twilight Zone," has its annual Fourth of July marathon this weekend on the Sci-Fi Channel, and its a real marathon: nearly 72 hours worth! It begins at 8 AM on Thursday and runs until early Sunday morning.

There are two mega Twilight Zone marathons per year on Sci-Fi: Fourth of July and New Year's. (I like the fact that they are just about six months apart.)

I'm sure all of my favorites will be popping up along the way, and its still a treat to watch such a quality show, even though I've seen just about every one about fifty times.

If you'd like to check out my list of my Top 20 Favorite Twilight Zone episodes, click this link.

UPDATE: I discovered this morning that the marathon that began this morning was that tepid "Twilight Zone" series remake, the one that has nothing to do with Rod Serling. The "real" Twilight Zone marathon begins tomorrow afternoon, July 3, at 5 PM. Disappointing, but I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

And here is a clip from the original Twilight Zone, featuring the immortal Mr. Serling, doing an introduction about the series just before the pilot episode aired:

2 comments:

Bianca Reagan said...

I'm so excited about the marathon! The Twilight Zone is one of my favorite shows, too.

BklynSoxFan said...

Me too, Bianca. Enjoy it!