Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I want to wish all of my friends, family and readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. I won't be online on Thursday, so my next post won't be until Friday. (My computer is still out, so I'm still making the best of it.)

I hope you all enjoy the turkey and football that makes the day what it is.

BTW, the Christmas season REALLY begins tomorrow around noon. For me, it doesn't truly kickoff until I see Santa Claus marching down Broadway in Thanksgiving Day Parade. Then I put on the radio and listen to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie on Q 104.3. Then I put the Detroit Lions game on TV.

Thanksgiving has been that way for me since I was a kid, and will remain that way until I die.

But please don't forget all of those people who put their lives on the line over the centuries to make this the great country that it is, especially all over our brave military overseas who'll be away from those they love this holiday season.

For all of them, I am very thankful.

God bless all of you.

1 comment:

Peter N said...

Wow, well said. And all those great wishes back to you tenfold. At least.