Tuesday, November 28, 2006

10,000 Visitors

Today at The Mighty Quinn Media Machine, we got our 10,000th visitor to the site since I put the Site Meter up on April 20th, 5 1/2 weeks after I started the blog. Visitor number 10,000 was a reader from Holden, Massachusetts who came to my blog looking for my satrical Doug Mirabelli post about "Dougie going deep." (There has once again been an upswing in readers looking for that again. I think because Doug's a free agent once again.)

I am also posting a bit late today, as Blogger is once again having problems, and I've had to post from another computer.

We had over 1200 hits on the blog over four days last week because of the post I put up about the drug use I saw when I worked at Tower Records back in the 80s, and the site Gawker.com put up a link to it. (That is nearly ten times what I would expect over a normal time frame.) I really didn't think I would reach 10,000 until mid-December some time.

Once again, thanks to all of you who continue to make my blog a success, and a joy to write.

I'm now in the "five digits" as far as readership goes, and I couldn't be more proud.

1 comment:

Peter N said...

Glad to be here.......always.