Friday, November 24, 2006

Back Up And Running

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. I certainly did, as I spent it at home with some friends and relatives. Watched lots of football (two rather lousy NFL games though) and ate lots of turkey. Lots of leftovers for me to enjoy for the forseeable future!!

Good news on the computer front. My brother-in-law fixed it, as I had some damaged files, and a broken DVD drive. That was replaced and I got the computer back today. I had to reinstall America Online, Microsoft Word and Norton AntiVirus. That last one took me almost all afternoon to do, as it kept stopping in the middle of downloading the necessary files. I finally realized that I had to turn my computer off and let AOL download some updates before my I could fully download my virus protection. And it still took me nearly 90 minutes to finish it from start to finish.

For the last 10 days I was living in Internet cafes and at Professor Thom's computer (my thanks to them for letting me use it). Now I am back to my old Dell computer and hopefully I'll get more continued use out of it.

It's good to be back with my old PC again!

No comments: