Sunday, July 11, 2010

Little Man, Gargantuan Spirit

Love this blurb from Pete Abraham of the Globe today:

Dustin Pedroia took batting practice before the game, keeping the weight off his broken left foot by kneeling on a stool as he swung at pitches from hitting coach Dave Magadan.

I just wanted to see some pitches,’’ he said. “I actually felt pretty good.’’

Pedroia’s foot may be broken but his spirit is intact. As manager Terry Francona spoke to reporters in his office before the game, Pedroia walked back and forth in the hallway yelling loudly.

“Let’s go,’’ he said at one point. “Hoo-haw!’’

Dustin Pedroia: a man among men.

2 comments:

Rick said...

love his spunk. Nice win today - now I can feel good for three days. Kind of bummed no World Cup and no baseball for the next 3 days.

BklynSoxFan said...

Glad to see the Sox go out on a high note, Rick. I'll be catching up on my movies in waiting for MLB to resume.