Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Cool Items For Monday's Benefit

More really cool items are going to be available at Professor Thom's this Monday night for the benefit for former Red Sox pitcher Jerry Casale.

Up for raffle will be:
A sketch of Ted Williams signed by Ted Williams.
A plaque of Ted also signed by him.
A Red Sox jersey signed by pitcher David Aardsma.
An autographed ball by Fred Lynn, who made an appearance at Professor Thom's on Saturday night. (Like the one pictured here.)
A $200 gift certificate to Capitol Grille.
A collection of three Red Sox books donated by author Bill Nowlin.
Three DVDs donated by Bombo: "Still We Believe," "Blessed! Still We Believe 2," and "New England Hockey: Life at the Rink."

This is in addition to the gifts sent by the Red Sox, as well as some autographed items from former New York Jet Joe Klecko.

It should be a great night tomorrow, with special guests to be on hand. A $20 donation at the door will get you five raffle tickets and a free drink. I hope you can come out and help Jerry out and have some fun. It kicks off at 7 PM, and will last until about 10 PM.

2 comments:

Jere said...

I didn't know if you knew they were gonna do this, but Castiglione mentioned the benefit on the game today.

Hey, I'd love to give a signed copy of my book to raise money for Casale. (He's mentioned in the book!) Problem is, we don't have a physical product until next month. Maybe they could do it in voucher form, and the winner is given my contact info, and gets the book when it comes out? I dunno, tell me if this sounds at all reasonable...

BklynSoxFan said...

Jere: I heard that Joe was going to mention the benefit yesterday and I'm glad he did...

I'll send you a private email about tonight's benefit.