Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Message to MFY Number 62


A comeuppance is coming your way, pal. Oh, another one just happened to get away from you on Friday night, heading for Youk's head in the seventh inning. Oh, it just happened to get away from me, right? The bullshit "Roger Clemens excuse" when he went after Mike Piazza years ago. (I heard you were buddying up with the Texas Con Man when you joined the MFY last season. It all makes sense.) Just when Youk just happened to be in the batter's box. For the fourth time in less than a year.

Or as Terry Francona said after last night's game about you, "He has great command until Youk gets in there. That's all I know."

"It's 1-0 and I'm two balls and no strikes, I've got to throw a strike," Chamberlain said. "I don't want to get the leadoff runner on. That's it. I'm trying to throw strikes. I'm not trying to do anything else. It's 1-0. Nobody wants the ball right there, but at the end of the day, it's 1-0 and I'm trying to get the win."

I know bullshit when I read it. Come up with a better excuse than that, asshole. Sounds a lot like "the dog ate my homework."

Think you can get away with this shit forever, pal? Think again. Your bush league actions has once again gone into the collective memory bank of every Red Sox player, especially guys like Youk, Beckett, Pedroia and Pap. The ass-hammering that's coming your way may not happen in the next series, or even this season. But it's coming. Doesn't matter that you're an American League pitcher who won't come to bat. You will taste a bit of hardball justice down the road. Either from Youk himself or one of his pissed off teammates. Or more than one at the same time.

Count on it.

Sean Casey may have put it best last night:

"The bottom line is it happens to be the same guy every time," Sean Casey said. "He's got pinpoint control all through the game; he threw behind him in New York. If you're in the big leagues, you keep missing that bad, come on.

"The fact that it's Youkilis every time, it definitely raises flags."

Be afraid, Chamberlain. Be very afraid. Youk's Revenge is coming. It's just a matter of when, not if. (With thanks to Surviving Grady for the picture of Kevin Youkilis.)

5 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

He looked both Intensely Sugared and Retarded

the wayward o said...

joba is over-rated. no doubt.

now your bosox need to win a ballgame.

BklynSoxFan said...

I wanted two-out-of-three this weekend. That won't happen. A win tomorrow is almost a necessity. But I still look to the tough schedule New York has in September, and the favorable one the Sox have, as something to keep in mind.

Getting swept this weekend isn't the end of the world. But it sure would piss me off something fierce.

Tex said...

Im just hoping Timlin would perch on Cask's roof with crossbow in hand and joba in his sights.

BklynSoxFan said...

I wouldn't be surprised if that idea has crossed Sarge's mind at some point, Tex...