Friday, February 15, 2008

"Steroids will follow this guy to his grave"

Last December, just before Christmas, I was contacted by a reporter named Lance Pugmire from the Los Angeles Times about a story he was writing about Roger Clemens and former Red Sox general manager Dan Duquette. He contacted me through the fine Red Sox site I write for, Bornintoit.com.

I spoke to Lance for about 15 minutes. He asked me about being a Red Sox fan in New York, and for his article, what Red Sox fans thought about Roger Clemens since the Mitchell Report came out. He also asked me about how Duquette was viewed by us now that Clemens' legacy was severely tarnished.

I didn't see the article on the Los Angeles Times web site for a long time, and I figured maybe he decided to either postpone or not write the article at all. But I was doing a search tonight, and I discovered that Lance had indeed written the article, and 17 days ago, on January 29. I had no idea it ran, but it is a good article, entitled, "Clemens' Twilight Revisited."

Here it is: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clemens29jan29,1,7265251.story?track=rss&ctrack=1&cset=true

I am quoted at the end of page 1, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

For those of you who might not have been able to read the article, here is my part in it:

"The one person who comes out the best from the Mitchell Report is Dan Duquette," said John Brian Quinn, 45, a self-described "hard-core" member of Red Sox Nation who writes for the fan website bornintoit.com. "It seems clear now that Roger Clemens was a big-time juicer. Now, the fact is, we're thinking, 'Thank God we didn't bring him back, and that he's not associated with the Red Sox anymore.'

"Steroids will follow this guy to his grave."

My media empire continues to expand.

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

& The Cowardly Lion @ Twilight(Clemens), will NOT be around this season, to hear it in the ball parks, unlike Andy.

SoSock said...

Congrats on the props!