Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Sound Of Silence

Many of you who read my blog often may have noticed a difference in my site today. Last night I took down the "Mighty Quinn" music that you hear when you first come on here. I had been thinking about removing it, and I got an email from a frequent reader of the blog who felt it was time to go. The last line of his email went, "Not cute anymore." So that convinced me to take it down.

That was not the first negative comment I had gotten about the music. My own computer's speakers aren't working, so I would only hear the music when I went on this site from other computers. So I guess that could drive a frequent visitor here a little crazy. (Although there was a "stop" button on the music control panel so you could read the blog without it.)

Ironically enough, I got an email from a reader from Philadelphia (and a Red Sox fan) who found my site earlier this week who asked me for the file of the Mighty Quinn music so his son could use it in a project in his school. I was certainly happy to oblige him with it.

So for now, there won't be any music here. But if I find something cool to put up music-wise, I will. "The Mighty Quinn" theme maybe gone for now, but it may not be forever...

4 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

I think that "Simon & Garfunkel" of Forest Hills, Queens, sang a song with that title.

Dan Sullivan said...

I like the no music option all together if possible, makes reading in any location or area more reasonable. Hope that isnt a buzz kill.

Dan Sullivan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BklynSoxFan said...

No problem at all, Dan. I'm going "silent" on the blog for a while. Glad to see you checking in from MA, and I went to your site with Jack's pictures. He's an adorable boy and very photogenic. He sure looks cute with the Sox hat, and you're certainly raising that boy right...